Paleo Pumpkin Bread Recipe
This paleo pumpkin bread recipe is SO good! We recently went grain-free and I've been enjoying playing around with unique, grain-free "flours" to find occasional treats.
This is definitely one of my favorites. It's paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free and very moist and flavorful.
- 1 cup blanched almond flour or meal (We buy ours in bulk from Honeyville.)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp homemade baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground clove
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 5 TB real maple syrup
- 1 cup pumpkin, pureed (about 1/2 a can)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (some readers have had an issue with this being too much and I'm not sure why it varies from one oven to the next! thoughts?)
- More coconut oil for oiling the pan
- 4 large eggs (organic, pastured)
- Optional: raisins, sliced almonds, pumpkin seeds, cranberries, etc
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and oil a standard loaf bread pan.
Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl (almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking powder, and seasonings) and mix well. In another bowl add the eggs, maple syrup and coconut oil and mix well. Fold in the pumpkin puree. Combine with dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Add in optional ingredients.
Pour into your bread pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a fork or knife comes out clean.
P.S. Experiment with other squashes for your pumpkin bread too, like delicata, butternut, or acorn!
Interested in Affordable, Healthy Food?
I'm extremely proud to present to you the Sustainable Baby Steps guides, helping you delve into the topic of making organic food affordable and simple with easy-to-digest, step-by-step information, inspiration, and tools to help you live green and healthy. Sweet, right?