Personal Care for Organic Living
Organic living should obviously include your beauty and personal care products and routines. But keep in mind there is a difference between organic, green, and sustainable. I've found most greenwashing happens in the arena of personal care.
In this section we're going to talk about organic products, as well as simple changes you can make to your own routines, and new ideas you can use to care for yourself with homemade beauty recipes and more.
As with the rest of the site, this is a growing section, so remember to signup to get new articles, recipes, and inspiration.
Oral Health for Organic Living
We should care about what we put in our mouths a couple times a day, right? Right. So, this first organic living section covers just that: the dangers of and alternatives to conventional methods. We've been using these natural methods on ourselves, and our son (who is 15 at the time I'm writing this) for nearly 10 years. Want to know how many cavities we've had between us in that time? One, and it was in the early years. Since then, we consistently get surprised remarks from dentists and orthodontists about how great our teeth look. And our story is not the anomaly. Health teeth and gums are easy to achieve naturally. (By the way, the food you eat plays a BIG part in your oral health. Don't neglect that subject, k?)
Read more about healthy teeth and gums:
- Homemade Toothpaste Recipes
- Homemade Mouthwash Recipes (coming soon!)
- The Dangers of Fluoride and Other Oral Care Ingredients (coming soon!)
- Eco-Friendly Toothbrushes (coming soon!)
- Natural Whitening That's Actually Safe (coming soon!)
- Healthy Food for Healthy Teeth (coming soon!)
- The Benefits of Oil Pulling (coming soon!)
Skin Care for Organic Living
Probably the first rule of organic care: What we put on our skin, the largest organ of our body and a pretty absorbant one at that, goes IN our body. How you care for your skin will reflect in your personal health, and vice versa. These articles below are pretty diverse to cover your many options.
Read more inspiration on healthy skin care:
- Coconut Oil for Skin Care
- Safe, Natural, and Homemade Sunscreen
- Healthy Food for Healthy Skin (coming soon!)
- The Best Natural Deodorant (coming soon!)
Hair Care for Organic Living
Conventional shampoo and hair care products are usually full of carcinogenic (cancer-causing) ingredients and other irritants, not to mention much of it is expensive, wasteful, and not even necessary.
Read more inspiration on healthy hair:
- Four "No Poo" Shampoo Recipes and Alternatives
- Coconut Oil For Hair and Scalp
- All-Natural Dandruff Home Remedies
- Healthy Food for Healthy Hair (coming soon!)
- DIY Hairspray, Gel, and More (coming soon!)
Natural Beauty for Organic Living
Obviously the most sustainable option would be to stop shaving or wearing makeup, but I don't see that going over too well in some circles. So let's look at some all-natural, eco-friendly alternatives to at least green it up a bit.
Read more inspiration on natural beauty alternatives:
- The Best Natural Mascara: A Review
- Eco-Friendly Shaving Supplies and Products
- Natural Makeup (coming soon!)
If the signup form is not showing above, click here instead.