Easy, Peasy Homemade Granola Recipe
This granola recipe has been contributed from one of our readers, Jennifer Edwards. Homemade granola is healthy, inexpensive and well, how can you go green without being "crunchy"?
This recipe is easy to make with healthy ingredients that are easy to find. And it's good!
As always, choose organic ingredients when possible. If you want to make this gluten-free, opt for certified gluten-free rolled oats.
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups shredded or flaked coconut
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup small diced and dried apricots
Optional: To the finished recipe you can add anything you love, from sunflower seeds, cashews, figs or anything else!
When you have everything you're ready to add, follow these directions to make your homemade granola:
- Preheat over to 350°
- Toss the oats, coconut and almonds together in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the oil and honey
- Pour the liquids over the oat mixture and stir until all oats, coconuts and almonds are coated.
- Poour onto a cookie sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes (stirring every 15 minutes) until the mixture turns a nice golden brown.
- Remove your homemade granola from the oven and allow it to cool, stirring occasionally. It will get crispy as it cools down.
- Add any of the extra youd like (as mentioned above) and store in an air-tight container.
This granola is great coupled with yogurt and berries, by the handful or with milk for your morning cereal!
Check out more suggestions in the comments below!
Interested in Affordable, Healthy Food?
I'm extremely proud to present to you the Sustainable Baby Steps guides, helping you delve into the topic of making organic food affordable and simple with easy-to-digest, step-by-step information, inspiration, and tools to help you live green and healthy. Sweet, right?