Happy holidays everyone!
It's certainly a busy time of year, one that can be wonderful and magical or stressful and frustrating. I'm hoping this newsletter finds you feel balanced, focused and enjoying what the season means to you.
I don't think any of us wish it to, but often it can mean a whole lot of consumerism, way too much traffic and a serious compromise on our ideals.
We can give into the pressure of family members or friends or co-workers to buy countless gifts on credit, attend to many events and generally just wear ourselves out.
But it doesn't have to be that way.
The way we feel around the holidays, the traditions we uphold or create and the commitments we make can reflect our authentic way of being.
With every action, we get to choose what feels right to us.
With every word, we are allowed to speak our own personal truth.
And with every thought, we can create a perspective we truly enjoy.
Some simple ways to center yourself and regain your focus:
- Create lots of quite space in your day to simply be, listen to music, eat in silence and reflect on the season.
- Invite your favorite people to watch your favorite holiday movie with spiced cider and popcorn.
- Start and end your day with affirmations, pray and meditation.
- Trust your gut and go with what feels good, joyful or relieving.
Seasonal Articles on Sustainable Baby Steps
NOTE: I would really, really love to add an article for Hanukkah and Kwanzaa, but don't feel I'm quite qualified enough to get it right. If this is something you think you or someone you know can help me with, please let me know! I'd love to work with you!
Some Love To The Sponsors
These awesome companies are part of what is making Sustainable Baby Steps grow. Without their help, this site wouldn't exist.
I'd like to ask you, if you're still looking for a holiday gift, to please consider checking out the following sustainable, small businesses:
- GladRags Live more sustainably with GladRags washable menstrual pads and menstrual cups.
- ECOlunchboxes Stainless steel lunchboxes and cotton lunchbags are 100% plastic-free, waste free, lead-free, BPA-free, PVC-free and vinyl-free.
- Hip Mountain Mama Hip products for natural mamas...
- AffirmWater Committed to getting you to drink more water from a safe vessel while protecting the environment and creating positive change in the world.
- Rethinking Everything Magazine Publishing deeply personal, authentic stories of self-initiated change.
- EcoWomb Helping you create a natural lifestyle, providing safe, family and eco-friendly products and information.
Seriously, these companies are all amazing. I wouldn't have them any other way.
Thank you for being a subscriber to Going Green! newsletter. I hope that you continue to enjoy it and pass it along to others who may enjoy it, as well as join SBS on Facebook for regular updates and inspiration.
You can find the back issues at the following URL...
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.